GORILLA’S GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE
This website/mobile application is operated by [Gorilla Networks Pte Ltd] (Company registration No.: 201929048W)
(“Gorilla”), a company incorporated under the laws of Singapore.
The following terms and conditions (these “T&Cs”) govern your access to and use of the Gorilla website ([https://
gorillago.io/]) and the mobile application ([Gorilla App]) (collectively, the “Gorilla Platforms”), including any content,
functionality, services, and products, offered on and through the Gorilla Platforms (collectively, the “Gorilla Services”).
We use your personal data for service provision, marketing, security, and compliance. For information on how we use
To go straight to more information on each area of these T&Cs, click on the links below:
- 1. CONTRACTUAL RELATIONSHIP
- 2. CONFLICT OR INCONSISTENCY
- 3. THE GORILLA SERVICES
- 4. ACCOUNT HOLDERS
- 5. NON-COMMERCIAL AND FAIR USAGE POLICY
- 6. DISCLAIMER, LIMITATION OF LIABILITY AND INDEMNITY
- Schedule 1 DEFINITIONS AND INTERPRETATION
- Schedule 2 Fees and Charges
Unless the context otherwise requires, the definitions and interpretative provisions in Schedule 1 apply throughout
1.1 These T&Cs constitute a legal agreement between Gorilla and you, that applies to all services provided by Gorilla in conjunction with the Gorilla Services. By accessing and/or subscribing to the Gorilla Services in any way, you shall be deemed to have used (and be a user of) the Gorilla Services (a “Gorilla User”). As a Gorilla User, you indicate that you agree to be bound by and comply with these T&Cs (as may be updated by Gorilla in its sole and absolute discretion from time to time, by publishing the updated T&Cs on the Gorilla Platforms). You understand and agree that as a Gorilla User, if you access and/or continue use of any of the Gorilla Services after the date on which the T&Cs have changed, your use shall be deemed as acceptance of the updated T&Cs.
1.2 Each Gorilla Service may be subject to service specific terms and conditions (the “Service Specific T&Cs”) found [here – link to content page of Service Specific T&Cs]. Together, these T&Cs and the relevant Service Specific T&Cs, and any other terms and conditions as may be agreed between us in writing, shall form the terms of contract between you and Gorilla, for the Gorilla Services you access/subscribe for from time to time.
2 CONFLICT OR INCONSISTENCY
2.1 If there is any conflict or inconsistency between any provisions of these T&Cs, the applicable Service Specific T&Cs,
and any other terms and conditions otherwise agreed between us in writing, the documents shall be construed in the
following order of precedence:
- (a) any other terms and conditions otherwise agreed between us in writing;
- (b) the applicable Service Specific T&Cs; and
- (c) these T&Cs.
2.2 In the event such construction fails to resolve the conflict or inconsistency, such conflict or inconsistency will be
resolved in Gorilla’s favour.
2.3 For the avoidance of doubt, the most recent published version available on the Gorilla Platforms of the relevant
T&Cs, shall be taken to apply in the event of any conflict or inconsistency.
3 THE GORILLA SERVICES
3.1 The Gorilla Services constitute the Gorilla Platforms and the content, products, and services provided by Gorilla
through the Gorilla Platforms. The contents, products, and services include:
- (a) the purchasing, transferring, trading, exchanging, and gifting of Gorilla tokens (“GO Tokens”);
- (b) the utilisation of GO Tokens towards subscribing to different mobile related telecommunication and data bundles
and packages, provided through the Gorilla Platforms (“GO Token Bundles”) as may be amended at Gorilla’s sole
discretion from time to time; and
- (c) the transferring, trading, exchanging, and gifting of GO Token Bundles to other Gorilla Users.
- (a) Gorilla hereby grants you a revocable, personal, non-commercial, non-exclusive and non-transferable licence to
use the Gorilla Services.
- (b) Unless otherwise agreed by Gorilla, you are only permitted to use the Gorilla Services on your personal device
owned by you, or under your personal control, for the sole purpose of performing the functions on the Gorilla Platforms
and accessing Gorilla Services for your personal non-commercial use, subject to these T&Cs. Unless set out in these
T&Cs, no other right, license or permission is granted to you in relation to the Gorilla Services and your use of the
- (c) The Gorilla Services and any portion thereof may not be reproduced, duplicated, copied, downloaded, sold,
resold, visited or otherwise exploited for commercial purposes without the express consent from Gorilla. Any
unauthorised use terminates the license granted by Gorilla.
You shall not:
- (a) use, download, sync, or copy the Gorilla Services other than as permitted by these T&Cs;
- (b) rent, lease, lend, sell redistribute, sublicence, or otherwise transfer the Gorilla Services other than as expressly
permitted by these T&Cs;
- (c) copy, reproduce, translate, adapt, vary, modify, reverse engineer, disassemble, attempt to derive the source code
of or creative derivative works of the Gorilla Services, or any part of it, except only to the extent that the applicable law
provides that such cannot be prohibited;
- (d) cause or launch any programs or scripts for the purpose of scraping, indexing, surveying, or otherwise data
mining any portion of the Gorilla Services or unduly burdening or hindering the operation and/or functionality of any
aspect of the Gorilla Services;
- (e) attempt to gain unauthorised access to or impair any aspect of the Gorilla Services or their related systems or
- (F) use Gorilla Services for any fraudulent, illegal, or improper purposes or to violate any person’s rights, or in any way
which may affect other Gorilla Users’ enjoyment or access to any Gorilla Services or cause irritation, annoyance,
disturbance, embarrassment, nuisance, harassment, inconvenience, or anxiety to anyone;
- (g) use Gorilla Services to transmit any content which contains viruses, worms, Trojan horses, or any other harmful,
destructive, or adverse component or programming routine that may interrupt, disrupt, congest, adversely impact or
harm the network, the Gorilla Services, or the systems or networks of other persons; or
- (h) use the Gorilla Services for any unlawful purpose whatsoever, or any other purpose not authorised by these T&Cs.
3.4 Third Party Services and Content
The Gorilla Services may be made available to, or accessed by, third-party services and content (including
to your use of such third-party services and content. Gorilla does not endorse such third-party services and content
and in no event shall Gorilla be responsible or liable for any products or services of such third-party providers.
3.5 Network Access and Devices
- (a) You are responsible for acquiring and updating compatible hardware or devices necessary to access and use the
Gorilla Services and any updates thereto. Gorilla does not guarantee that the Gorilla Services, or any portion thereof,
will function on any particular hardware or devices. In addition, the Gorilla Services may be subject to malfunctions
and delays inherent in the use of the internet and electronic communications.
- (b) The quality of Gorilla Services may not be of a higher quality than the quality provided to Gorilla by any network
provider which Gorilla may choose to partner with (at its sole discretion), and may be subject to disruption due to
technical malfunctions, defects, or problems by reason or in connection with the network provider for which Gorilla
shall not be responsible for, but shall endeavour to keep you informed if necessary.
- (c) Gorilla reserves the right to
- (i) impose traffic management policies in respect of the Gorilla Services from time to time including but not
limited to managing the speed of data transfer or data throughput; and/or
- (ii) suspend or disconnect any Gorilla Services in whole or in part at any time by giving as much notice as is
reasonably practicable if in Gorilla’s reasonable opinion it is necessary to carry out any planned or unplanned
maintenance, repair or upgrade of any part of the network or the Gorilla Services. Further and in addition to the above,
you accept that the actual data transfer speed (whether upload or download speeds) in respect of the Gorilla
Services where applicable, is dependent on factors beyond Gorilla’s control, including without limitation the
configuration and specifications of your computer system and equipment, type of data transferred and compliance
of users with Gorilla’s traffic management policies in respect thereof.
Gorilla shall not be responsible for the security of any and all information transmitted to, from, or through the Gorilla
- (a) The Gorilla Services and all rights therein are and shall remain Gorilla’s property or the property of Gorilla’s
licensors (as the case may be). Neither these T&Cs nor the use of the Gorilla Services convey or grants you any rights:
- (i) in or related to the Gorilla Services except for the limited licence granted above; or
- (ii) to use or reference in any manner Gorilla’s company name/ brand, logo, product and service name(s),
trademarks or services marks, or those of Gorilla’s licensors.
- (b) Gorilla will own any and all feedback, suggestions, ideas, or other information or materials regarding Gorilla or the
Gorilla Services that you provide, whether by email, through the Gorilla Services or otherwise (“Feedback”). You
hereby assign to Gorilla all right, title and interest to Feedback together with all associated intellectual property rights.
You will not be entitled to, and hereby waive any claim for, acknowledgment or compensation based on any
Feedback or any modifications made based on any Feedback.
- (a) You are liable for all charges and payments for all Gorilla Services procured or obtained through the Gorilla
- (b) All payments for Gorilla Services shall be paid:
- (i) without any set-off, condition, or counterclaim;
- (ii) net of any tax levied on the provision of Gorilla Services (save for corporate income tax); and
- (iii) free and clear of all deductions or withholdings.
- (c) If any tax is levied, or any deduction or withholding is required, by law in respect of the provision for any Gorilla
Services, you shall pay such additional amount as will, after provision for such tax, deduction, or withholding has been
made, leave Gorilla with the full amount which would have been received by it had no such provision for such tax,
deduction or withholding had been required to be made.
- (d) In the absence of fraud or manifest error, all our records relating to the Gorilla Services are conclusive evidence of
the accuracy, completeness, and truth of all matters stated in them.
- (e) If any Gorilla Service is provided to you on a free trial basis, the full charges for that service shall apply after the
free trial period, without notice to you. You agree that display of the applicable charges for the service on the Gorilla
Platforms will constitute notice of the charges.
4 ACCOUNT HOLDERS
4.1 When you subscribe to any of the contents, products, and services, including the different mobile related
telecommunication and data bundles and packages available on the Gorilla Platforms, you are required to set up a
user account with Gorilla (your “Account”).
4.2 Account registration should be carried out by the person applying to subscribe to the Gorilla Service (the “Account
Holder”). Registration by a representative [or on behalf of a corporate entity] will not be valid.
4.3 Persons younger than 18 years of age cannot subscribe for Gorilla Services. Furthermore, those who have
previously had their Accounts disabled or have been judged unfit for membership by Gorilla may be refused.
4.4 When you create an Account with Gorilla, by default you will be registered with a “Standard Account”. What this
means is that you will entrust us to hold onto your private key on your behalf, and in return you may access your GO
Tokens through your Account. Alternatively, you may opt-out of a Standard Account by indicating that you are an
“Advanced User” – you are taken to have read, understood, and agreed to the [Advanced User Disclaimer – clause
4.5 Account Information
- (a) By registering an Account, you warrant that you have accurately entered all necessary information in the
prescribed form (your “Account Information”).
- (b) Once registered as an Account Holder, you agree to update any changes in your Account Information (as the
case may be) as soon as possible.
- (c) You agree to share personal information requested by Gorilla for the purposes of identity verification. You further
authorise Gorilla to make inquiries, either directly or through third parties, that are deemed necessary to verify your
identity or to protect you and/or Gorilla against any legal issues (such as financial crimes), and to take action as may
be reasonably deemed necessary by Gorilla based on the results of such inquiries (including disclosure of such
personal information to the relevant authorities/regulators/governmental agencies). Your information may be used
specifically for the detection of money laundering, terrorist financing, fraud, and the general abuse of Gorilla Services
for use in conjunction with illegal activities
- (d) Gorilla will not be held responsible for any damages resulting from inaccurate or out of date Account Information
- (e) If there is any reasonable doubt that any information provided by you is wrong, untruthful, falsified, outdated, or
incomplete, Gorilla reserves the right to send you a notice to demand corrections, remove relevant information
directly, and, as the case may be, to refuse registration of any Account Holder or terminate all or part of the Gorilla
Services available to you
4.6 Managing Your Account
- (a) Account Holders should be responsible for the security of their username, password, and back up retrieval
process, and it is recommended that you change your password periodically to prevent unauthorised usage or theft
of password by third parties. You are responsible for keeping your access credentials strictly confidential.
- (b) An Account Holder who has signed in using his or her username and password will be deemed to have used the
Gorilla Services, even if it was actually used by persons other than the Account Holder due to theft or unauthorised
usage. Gorilla shall not be liable for any loss or damage including consequential losses arising out of such
unauthorised usage or theft.
- (c) Should you suspect that there has been unauthorised access to your Account, you are to notify Gorilla of the same
via [[email protected]]. Until such notice is received and processed (within  Business Days from date of
receipt of notice) by Gorilla, you shall be responsible for any charges incurred using your Account, regardless of your
knowledge or authorisation.
- (d) You may not buy or sell your Account. Lending or giving a username and password to a third party, or sharing a
username and password with a third party is also prohibited.
4.7 Advanced User Disclaimer
As an Advanced User, you warrant that you have read, understood, and agree to the following:
- (a) You volunteer to take full responsibility for your private key;
- (b) By choosing to be an Advanced User, you will not be able to revert to a Standard Account and enjoy its features, in
particular, the option of password resetting or retrieval in the event that you have forgotten the same;
- (c) You shall be responsible for the safekeeping of your private key. Gorilla will not be able to access and will not store
your private key. Gorilla will not be responsible for any lost or misplaced private key;
(d) Gorilla will not be responsible for any loss or damage to you resulting from the loss of your private key/access to
your Account; and
- (e) This process is IRREVERSIBLE
4.8 GO Token Bundles and Switch Back to GO Tokens
- (a) As an Account Holder, you will be entitled to subscribe to GO Token Bundles using your GO Tokens.
- (b) GO Token Bundles expire within 30 calendar days from the date of subscription (the “Subscription Cycle”).
- (c) By default, any unused data or services from the GO Token Bundles subscribed by you at the expiration of the
Subscription Cycle shall automatically be switched back to GO Tokens (the “Switch Back”). The Switch Back rate shall
be [500mb = 1 GO Token / 30 mins = 1 GO Tokens] (the “Switch Back Rate”), rounded down to the nearest block of
[50mb / 1 min] (“Minimum Conversion Unit”).
- (d) The Switch Back Rate and Minimum Conversion Unit may be amended from time to time at the discretion of
- (e) There shall be no pro-rated Switch Back of unused data or services in excess of the nearest Minimum Conversion
Unit. Any unused data or services not Switched Back shall be forfeited. For example, if you have [120mb] of unused
data at the end of the Subscription Cycle, only [100mb] of unused data is eligible for Switch Back. You will receive 0.2
GO Tokens for your unused data. The remaining 20mb of unused data shall be forfeited.
- (f) At the expiration of the Subscription Cycle, Gorilla shall commence processing the Switch Back. This may take up
to  Business Days. Upon the completion of processing, the relevant GO Tokens credited back to you shall be
reflected under your Account balance.
- (g) Note that at the end of the Subscription Cycle, any unused data reflected in your Account through the Gorilla
Platforms may not be an accurate reflection of your final unused data amount. Your final unused data shall be
subject to review by Gorilla before Switch Back. The relevant GO Tokens credited back to you shall be final and nonappealable.
- (h) You may request for a breakdown of your Switch Back by filing a request on either of the Gorilla Platforms. Gorilla
will endeavour to respond to such requests as soon as practicable.
- (i) Should you wish to opt-out of the automatic Switch Back feature described herein, you may do so under your
4.9 Fees and Charges
- (a) You agree to the fees and charges set forth at [Schedule 2 – hyperlink] which may be updated from time to time
at Gorilla’s sole discretion. Any such updated fees and charges will apply prospectively to any transactions/
subscriptions that take place following the effective date of such updated fees. You authorise Gorilla to remove any
amounts from your Account for any applicable fees and/or charges owed by you under these T&Cs.
- (b) All transactions/subscriptions shall be non-reversible and non-refundable, regardless of whether they were
unauthorised (due to theft or unauthorised usage), transacted without your knowledge or consent, or transacted by
4.10 [Pending business model finalisation – T&Cs for Minimum Termination Period, Sim Card Number Reservation,
Allocation of Phone Numbers, Lost Sim Card, Stolen Sim Card, Temporary Suspension of Phone Line, Reinstatement of
4.11 Termination of Your Account
- (a) In the event that there has been a breach of these T&Cs, or due to any illegal or inappropriate use of the Gorilla
Services, Gorilla reserves the right to without warning suspend service, or disable your Account. To the extent
permissible under the law, Gorilla will not bear any responsibility for any resultant damages from such suspension,
change of username and password or disabling of the Account.
- (b) In the event of such suspension or disabling of your Account, all outstanding unused GO Tokens and other
services subscribed to using your GO Tokens will be frozen pending further investigation by our Gorilla team, including
receipt of your reasons/explanation (if so required by our Gorilla team). Should it be deemed that your Account shall
be permanently terminated, the [US$] equivalent of all such outstanding unused GO Tokens and GO Token Bundles
will be [refunded] to you [by way of your chosen mode of refund as indicated by you to our Gorilla team] within 
Business Days following termination. All outstanding unpaid fees and/or charges on your Account will be payable
immediately to Gorilla. You authorise Gorilla to remove/set off any amounts from your Account for any applicable
fees and/or charges owed by you under these T&C before any refunds are made to you.
- (c) If you wish to terminate your Account, you should apply for termination via [portal link], or by filling in the request
[form - hyperlink] and sending a copy of the duly completed form to [[email protected]]. Gorilla will notify
you of the acceptance/confirmation of termination of your Account. Your Account will be considered terminated once
your Account becomes unrecoverable. Your Account will become unrecoverable after a period of  Business Days
from the date of notice of confirmation of termination. All your Account Details will be deleted from our systems,
saved as aggregated data and to the extent required to facilitate compliance with global industry standards of data
- (d) Upon termination, all outstanding unused GO Tokens and GO Token Bundles will be [forfeited/refunded] to you
[by way of your chosen mode of refund as indicated in your request for termination] within  Business Days
following termination. All outstanding unpaid fees and/or charges on your Account will be payable immediately to
Gorilla. You authorise Gorilla to remove/set off any amounts from your Account for any applicable fees and/or
charges owed by you under these T&C before any refunds are made to you.
- (e) Gorilla reserves the right to retain full custody of any funds and personal data which may be turned over to
governmental authorities in the event that your Account is suspended/terminated arising from suspected to be/
pending investigations in connection with illegal activities.
5 NON-COMMERCIAL AND FAIR USAGE POLICY
5.1 Your subscription and use of the Gorilla Services shall constitute your acceptance of the fair usage policy set out
herein. Your continued use of the Gorilla Services shall constitute your continued acceptance of any revisions, or
updates to this Fair Usage Policy as Gorilla may make, revise, and publish, from time to time.
5.2 As a Gorilla User you are to use all Gorilla Services strictly for personal and non-commercial purposes only
5.3 You (and any end user permitted to use Gorilla Services under your Account) shall use the Gorilla Services in an
ethical, appropriate, and responsible manner.
5.4 You (and any end user permitted to use Gorilla Services under your Account) acknowledge that other Gorilla Users
have a right to expect their privacy will be respected, and that they will be able to use the Gorilla Service without
interference or interruption by any other Gorilla User.
5.5 As a Gorilla User you are to ensure that the activities of you (or any end user permitted to use Gorilla Services
under your Account) do not impair the ability of other Gorilla Users to have access to reliable Gorilla Services. You
shall not abuse, misuse, exhaust or otherwise take unfair advantage of Gorilla Services to the detriment of other
5.6 Gorilla reserves the right, without notice or limitation, to deny, terminate, modify, throttle, disconnect or suspend
Gorilla Services if an individual engages in unfair, excessive or abusive usage of the Gorilla Services, or if Gorilla at its
6 DISCLAIMER, LIMITATION OF LIABILITY AND INDEMNITY
- (a) The Gorilla Services are provided “as is” and “as available.” Gorilla disclaims all representations and warranties,
express, implied or statutory, not expressly set out in these terms, including the implied warranties of merchantability,
fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement.
- (b) In addition, Gorilla makes no representation, warranty, or guarantee regarding the reliability, timeliness, quality,
suitability or availability of the Gorilla Platforms or any content, services or goods linked through the use of the Gorilla
Platforms, or that the services provided will be uninterrupted or error-free. You agree that the entire risk arising out of
your use of the Gorilla Services, and any content service or good obtained in connection therewith, remains solely with
you, to the maximum extent permitted under applicable law.
6.2 Limitation of Liability
- (a) Gorilla shall not be liable for indirect, incidental, special, exemplary, punitive or consequential damages, including
lost profits, lost data, personal injury or property damage related to, in connection with, or otherwise resulting from
any use of the Gorilla Services, even if Gorilla has been advised of the possibility of such damages. Gorilla shall not be
liable for any damages, liability or losses arising out of your use of or reliance on the Gorilla Services or your inability
to access or use the gorilla services.
- (b) The limitations and disclaimer in this section do not purport to limit liability or alter your rights as a consumer that
cannot be excluded under applicable law.
You agree to indemnify and hold Gorilla and its officers, directors, employees and agents harmless from any and all
claims, demands, losses, liabilities, and expenses (including legal fees) arising out of or in connection with: (i) your
use of the Gorilla Services; or (ii) your breach or violation of any of these T&Cs.
6.4 Suspension, Alteration or Abolishment of Gorilla Services
Gorilla may suspend, alter or abolish part of or the entirety of the Gorilla Services at its sole and absolute discretion.
- (a) All notices, demands or other communications made by Gorilla to you shall be made in writing and may be
delivered through any Gorilla Platform, by hand, by prepaid registered post, by electronic mail, or through the short
messaging system (“SMS”), and shall be deemed to have been duly served (if sent through the internal messaging
system, by hand, sent by facsimile, by electronic mail, or by SMS) immediately upon transmission or (if sent via
prepaid registered post) on the third Business Day after posting.
- (b) Any notice, demand, or communication by you to Gorilla shall be made in writing and may be delivered by hand,
by prepaid registered post, or by electronic mail, but shall be deemed to be duly served only upon actual receipt by
Gorilla of such notice, demand, or communication.
If any provision of this T&Cs is determined to be invalid or unenforceable, then such invalidity or unenforceability shall
not have any effect on any other provision of this T&Cs, which shall remain valid and enforceable.
6.7 Entire Agreement
These T&Cs (including any document incorporated by way of reference to them) shall constitute the whole
agreement between Gorilla and you concerning the use of the Gorilla Services.
6.8 Third Party Rights
A person who is not a party to these T&Cs shall have no right under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act (Cap.
53B) of the Republic Singapore or otherwise to enforce any of its terms.
6.9 Force Majeure
Gorilla shall not be liable for failures or delays in providing the Gorilla Services arising from any cause beyond its
control, including without limitation, acts of God, acts of civil or military authority, fires, strikes, lockouts or labour
disputes, epidemics, governmental restrictions, wars, riots, earthquakes, storms, typhoons, floods and breakdowns in
electronic and computer information and communications systems.
6.10 Governing Law and Jurisdiction
These T&Cs are subject to the Telecommunications Act (Cap. 323), the Payment Services Act 2019, or any regulations
made thereunder and to the terms and conditions of the license(s) granted to Gorilla under the said Acts.
These T&Cs and any non-contractual obligations arising out of, or in connection with, these T&Cs shall be governed
by, and interpreted in accordance with, Singapore law, excluding any conflicts of law rules or principles that might
refer any such matter to the laws of another jurisdiction. Any dispute arising from these T&Cs shall be subject to the
exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the Republic of Singapore.
DEFINITIONS AND INTERPRETATION
In these T&Cs, unless the context otherwise requires, the following words and expressions shall have the following
- Account” has the meaning ascribed to it in clause 4.1;
- Account Holder” has the meaning ascribed to it in clause 4.2;
- Account Information” has the meaning ascribed to it in clause 4.6(b);
- Advanced User” has the meaning ascribed to it in clause 4.5;
- Business Day” means a day other than a Saturday or Sunday or public holiday in Singapore on which banks are open in Singapore for general commercial business;
- Feedback” has the meaning ascribed to it in clause 3.7(b);
- GO Tokens” has the meaning ascribed to it in clause 3.1(a);
- GO Token Bundles” has the meaning ascribed to it in clause 3.1(b);
- Gorilla User” has the meaning ascribed to it in clause 1.1;
- Service Specific T&Cs” has the meaning ascribed to it in clause 1.2;
- Subscription Cycle” has the meaning ascribed to it in clause 4.8(b);
- Switch Back” has the meaning ascribed to it in clause 4.8(c); and
- US$” means the lawful currency of the United States of America
In these T&Cs:
- (a) a reference to a statute or other legislation includes regulations and other instruments under it, as may be
amended from time to time;
- (b) references to any agreement or document in these T&Cs shall include references to such agreement or document
as from time to time amended or modified;
- (c) references to “days” and “months” in these T&Cs means calendar days/months; and
- (d) the headings in these T&Cs are for convenience only and shall not affect the interpretation and construction